An online platform intended to facilitate community activity through connecting people to causes and activities related to their skills.
Sangi is a project that resulted from my thesis research about the role of design in shaping social discourse. It is an online platform intended to facilitate community activity through connecting people to causes and activities that match their interests and skill sets. Users create profiles on which they can list their interest and skills, as well as projects for which they can list the resources and support they need. Other users can either pledge their support by offering to participate in the activity, providing necessary resources such as tools or material, or by donating money. To demonstrate the concept, a clickable prototype was developed.
What I did
- Researched the relation between art and design and the larger societal developments - as part of the written thesis.
- Conducted interviews with local community organizers and members of the Savannah, GA community.
- Participated in workshops and conferences around social design - such as Design Ethos.
- Developed a service design overview for the application concept.
- Created a clickable prototype and screen capture to demonstrate the concept and gain further insights.